School Leaving Certificate (SLC) | Class-10 | Old Question Paper
Subject – Social Studies
Level: SLC/Class-10 | Year: 2069/2013 | RE-122’C’
Full Marks: 100 | Pass Marks: 32 | Time: 3 Hrs
Download | Question Paper of SLC (Class-10) Social Studies 2069/2013
Download In PDF
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Write very short answer of the following questions: [8X1=8]
1. Name any two cash crops produced in the Terai region of the Far Western Development Region.
2. Write a social problem prevalent in your community and write a measure to eliminate it.
3. State one major function of National Human Rights Commission.
4. What type of climate do you experience in Amazon basin? Write in a sentence.
5. Which symbols are used to show the following facts in a map?
a) Mountain b) Highway
6. Most of the countries of Africa and Nepal are inflicted by disease, sorrow and hunger. What measure should be taken to tackle this problem? Write any one measure.
7. What was the immediate cause of the First World War?
8. Write any one political change in Nepal that based on 12-point Agreement.
Write short answer of the following questions: [14X4=56]
9. Write down any four differences between the Eastern Development Region and Mid-Western Development Region on the basis of economic activities and physical environment.
10. If you were the member of National Planning Commission, what type of plan would you prepare for the development of Western Development Region? Mention.
11. Write a paragraph on “Skilled Manpower for Development’ at least l00 words.
12. Show the statistics of the regional distribution of community higher secondary schools in a pie-chart:
No.of Community H. S. School
Far -Western Development Region
Mid-Western Development Region
Western Development Region
Central Development Region
Eastern Development Region
13. A Cultural Fair to promote folk song is going to be organized in your community. Give four suggestions to make the fair effective .
14. ‘The campaign to end the gender violence to women should commence from home’. Justify the statement with logic.
15. What is IUCN? Write its three major functions.
16. A stakeholder and responsible person accepts – ‘Corruption is about to engulf the nation.’ Present your response in four points to the statement.
17. List the name of prime ministers appointed after the establishment of republic in Nepal with appointment year.
18. Present the name of four types of plants found in the world according to the climatic nature and their characteristics in a table.
19. Complete the given table below and show in a time -line?
(11 Baisakh, 2063 BS)
(Election of Constituent Assembly)
(15 Jesth 2065 BS)
(End of Constituent Assembly)
20. List out the four social achievements of the Three Years Interim Plan 2064/65-2066/67.
21. What is UN peace-keeping mission? How does it help to achieve the objectives of the UN? Write your answer in three points.
22. Right to use veto power is in the hands of five permanent member countries of the Security Council. As a result these countries have become most powerful. Is it right or wrong? Clarify it with reason.
Write long answer of the following questions: [4X9=36]
23. State three roles played by each of the political parties, civil society and the restored parliament to establish democracy after the People’s Movement 2062/63 BS.
24. Draw a rectangle having 20 cm length and 12 cm breadth. Sketch a map of Nepal within it and insert the following facts: (Scale: 1 cm = 40 km)
Insert in the Map: Barah Chhetra, Simara Airpot, Shukla Phanta Wildlife Reserve, Raute Caste settlement area, Chame and River Mechi.
In the given map of North America, insert the following facts using appropriate symbols (index):
River St. Lawrence, Vancouver Island, Gulf of California, Laurentian Shield, Winter rain area, Coniferous forest area, Los Angeles, Lake Ontario, Wheat production area.
25. Clarify your evaluation in four points towards the roles of political parties in Referendum, 2036 BS. What support did the political events after that to contribute to the background of People’s movement, 2046 BS? Write your analysis in five points.
‘It is said that no power of nation has permanent enemy or friend in politics.’ Prepare a report evaluating the background, hostile, alliances of the countries and its effects of First and Second World Wars on the basis of the following titles:
– Title – Objectives
– Findings – Conclusion
26. The remittance obtained from foreign employment is mostly spent on unproductive sectors. How? Justify with examples. Mention the ways to· promote the investment of remittance in productive sectors.